Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Help:MIP First offense in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimi244

Hello... I am a 20 year old college student who received an MIP back in November of 2010 at a club in down town Detroit. My BAC was 0.05 and I was not driving. I have talked to an attorney at the court and he pleaded me as not guilty. I think the reason is because it is my first time ever being in trouble with the law and also if I did plead guilty it was for being intoxicated and operating but, I wasn't operating anything nor do i have a drivers license. I would like to know what will happen in my case? If someone could tell me I would appreciate it because I will be 21 in May and my trial is in March.

Nobody can tell you what WILL happen, but being a first offense you will likely pay some fines and do some community service time. Even though you weren't driving the offense COULD effect your ability to get a driver's license. If you are working with an attorney then the damages should be minimized- this isn't a serious offense and they will do what they can to just make your problem go away for you.
Since you weren't driving, you probably did not have to take the breath test and could have avoided the whole mess, but that is a different topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back