Help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsjayboogie1

3 months ago I gave a stranger a ride and he gave a credit card to make a charge at 711 total 5.00 the card was declined so I payed with cash. Did I commit a crime

No, I don't see a crime. (based on what you posted)

3 months ago I gave a stranger a ride and he gave a credit card to make a charge at 711 total 5.00 the card was declined so I payed with cash. Did I commit a crime

It all depends. If the credit card was stolen, or taken off of a dead body, the fact that you possessed it and then attempted to use it could be considered criminal conduct.

For example, if the card had been stolen, and you simply possessed the card (for whatever reason); you'd be guilty of possessing stolen property. If you used the stolen credit card, and it was declined, you have attempted a crime. That in itself is a crime, but for the card being declined, you would have accomplished a crime.

If the card had been lost, and you TRIED to use it, that could also be considered a crime.

If the card was taken from a dead body, it only continues to get more troubling for you.

If you took the card in lieu of a debt someone owed you, that is also a crime.

The message here is don't take things from unknown or untrusted sources!!!!

army judge is correct. I'm not sure I understood your original post correctly. I was thinking the stranger gave you *their* (not stolen) credit card to use for gas as an example (instead of cash) & then you gave it back. I was then thinking card was declined possibly due to insufficient funds so you paid cash. Why did you post - has something come up due to you using the card? It could very well not have been stranger's card, as army judge said, after thinking about it. It's been 3 months - if nothing has come up yet re you using the card, nothing probably will.

It wasn't a good idea to do though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back