Help Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericasmom

My name is Jaime and Im 17 I have a daughter that is 11 months old. Her father has nothing to do with her and I dont want him to be able to pop up in her life whenever he decides to so I wanted to try to get him to sign over his rights of parentage. Is this an expensive procedure? Hes getting married to a woman who has his 3 year old son hes 23 and I dont want him to hurt my daughter and walk in and out of her life like he has done for the last 11 months. Can I do this ? Please help me Im ready for anything.

You will not likely be able to do this. Have you gone after him for support? Somebody needs to support this child other than yourself. Unless you are remarried and a step father is willing to adopt and take over financial responsibility, you cannot just terminate rights.

If you terminate rights you likely will ask for public assistance and the state does not want to fork over money to you when he should be paying child support.

What he did is illegal. You were way underage when he got you pregnant.

You are probably stuck with this guy until you remarry, and he agrees to terminate his rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back