Consumer Law, Warranties Help Me Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johansabastian

I want to know if I have a case. I am a 19 year old college student who tried out a one month free trial at a gym. I was convinced to sign a memership form incase I would be intrested or better yet financially stable to become an official member by the end of my free trial. There was a verbal agreement between the gym employee and mysefl though. I told him that due to my paying my own college tuition in jan. I would prefer him shipping the member ship form out to the gym's billing company so as not to be charged for something I wasnt sure Id be able to pay. By mid januaury I payed my tution and realized that for the next two months I would be working to pay for my books and fees so I let the gym nkow before the month tial ended, that WAS unable to be a member and that I would like them to not send the forms to the billing company. I was assured that this would be taken care of and therer would be no billing statements on my credit card. To my surprise for the following two months I was being charged as if though I was a member of the gym. Of course I was outraged and felt as if though I was being robbed for I had not stepped foot in that gym since mid january. Please someone let me knoe do I have a case or is there a way I can get my money reinbursed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back