1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Help me overcome fears please

Discussion in 'Auto Accidents, Injuries' started by Youngone68, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Youngone68

Youngone68 Law Topic Starter New Member

I live in central California in a mid sized city. I have a fear that I drive and hit somebody without knowing. I drive back in half an hour and there are no Emergency vehicles. First off if this is the case how likely is it do you think I’m ok? Also if I hit someone driving let’s say 30-40 mph plus and hit someone how likely is it (god forbid) I hit someone and I’m able to see the person on my hood? Moving that fast means if I strike someone the person will stay in my hood.

2. KatDini

KatDini Well-Known Member

I think you need to find a therapist to discuss your fears with rather than a bunch of anonymous interwebs strangers.

3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

I am here to help you solve your problem.

I know how to make sure you never hurt yourself driving a motor vehicle, or harm another human being.

Wait, you're going to love my idea.

I have great ideas.

When I was 6 years old, my mother would tell me, "Son, you're so smart for a 6 year old. You have great ideas."

See, there's my proof my ideas are great, my mom told me so!

I'm sorry, I get sidetracked quite a bit, ever since the "accident".

Hey, my "accident" isn't your problem.

Besides, I already did 8 years in prison for it, so, ummm, yeah, okay.

Here's what you do, buddy.

You go to your nearest DMV office and turn your drivers license in and exchange it for a state ID card.

You sell your car, maybe you give it away, or just park it.

You take the plates off of the car, if you can't sell it.

Once you sell it, you cancel your insurance.

See, my idea is gonna save you lots of money, too.

Yeah, its gonna be smooth sailing for you once you accomplish these very simple things.

So, you're thinking, my ideas aren't that smart, because I didn't tell you how to get to work, the store, wherever.

I gotcha, buddy, you walk.

You ain't never ever gonna kill nobody if you're walking.

You could take the bus, use Uber, or mooch rides from your friends.

Hey, you might even buy yourself a bicycle, they're real safe.

I'm glad I could help you ease your mind.

Stay safe out there, pal, and save all that money when you sell that dangerous car.

Highwayman likes this.
  4. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

You are most definitely NOT ok.

5. army judge

So, umm, like okay, you be thinking if he sold the car, gave up the DL, got a state ID, things would get better?

Walking is healthy.

I've never heard of a person walking kill another person.

Yeah, like, umm, okay, a car could go rogue, like maybe, and umm, kill a walking person.

That ain't gonna happen as often as a driver getting buzzed and smashing up another car, is it?

Highwayman likes this.
  6. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

He's not at that stage yet though.

Unless the person uses a weapon or dangerous instrument to commit the heinous act.

army judge likes this.
  7. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

I can solve that fear without having you give up your car. First thing tomorrow go to your insurance agent and increase the liability limit on your auto policy to $500,000. Along with that buy an umbrella policy that adds another $1,000,000 to your liability insurance. Then you won't have to worry about hitting anybody because your insurance will take care of it.

On the other hand if your mid-sized city is populated by Hollywood celebrities you might want to add $10,000,000 because if you hit Tom Cruise or Robert Downey Jr, the claim is gonna get expensive.

8. army judge

That could work, but if you is nerviss likes me is, well when I, umm, yeah, okay, had my "accident", see, yeah, umm, okay, well, gulp, none of that would have did helped me, see.

Yeah, but, err, ahh, umm, yeah, okay, so, well, you could get high costing insurance, but, umm, yeah, err, arrgh matey, is gonna still be saving all that lovely moola?

Hmm, guess not, is you, huh, err, ahhh, umm, arghh matey...

9. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

I think there's a 68.2319% chance that you're "ok."

Seriously, what exactly are you talking about? Why would you think that you "hit somebody without knowing"?

Huh?