Help I have a question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirky

I went to the sony site the other day and saw they had a computer system priced at $249.98, It was a great deal so I ordered 3 of them, gave them my credit card and recieved a purchase confirmation email from them. Next morning recieved another email, again confirming order, and that the items would be shipped in one to three days and they would send me an email when they were shipped. About 3 days later i recieved an email that said that was an incorrect price, so they were cancelling the order and would love to give me ten percent off my next future purchase. Can they do this???
about 20 people also ordered product at this price and recieved the same emails, by the way they changed the advertised price the day after i ordered them...
thank you for any help.

My understanding is that if the price listed is clearly an error then they can correct the error later. For example, if the listing of a 2001 Rolls Royce was listed for $10,000 instead of $1,000,000, there is no meeting of the minds and the recipient of the so-called offer should have known a mistake was made. If the error is not quite clear, for example, a typewriter that lists at $259 and an error was made at $239, there may be an issue of an offer and acceptance. (This is not always the rule and depends upon the specific facts and circumstances.) What were the specs? Was this a Pentium 4 machine? If it was, many would probably have ordered 1,000....

Originally posted by kirky:
yes, when they corrected the price it went to $2249.98
I could be wrong, but my guess is that you have no case. In a way it makes sense, doesn't it? Otherwise people would capitalize on obvious mistakes and you could force someone to go out of business for an obvious clerical error.

I'm fairly confident that they probably had some language stating that they had a right to correct any errors that may occur. At the very worst a $250 discount doesn't seem to shabby if it's off of the market price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back