Help I have 15 days to save my father's house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbanda

:eek: My father is about to lose his house, that his father built, in back taxes for less then $5,000. He has not yet applied for a loan or a mortgage. He's spoken with with legal-aid and had a payment plan but did not keep it. He spoke to the lawyer, who is billing him, and mentioned I wanted to help him out any way possible. The lawyer told him the only way we could save the house is if he signs half the house to me then pay $100 a month. Plus my family and I would have to move in.
:cussing: The deadline for for this deal is on October, 7th. That would be nice however I'm disabled (in a wheelchair) and on Housing. I do want to eventually move in but the house isn't quite accessible for me to live in right now. My thought was to try to get a mortgage on the house for maybe $10,000. We use half to pay the debt and the other half to renovate the house. My father is not working and not to sure about his credit. My credit is not good. I guess my question is what other options do we have to save our house? :confused: :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back