Help! I am a dad with support questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsd0330

My x and I have been divorced for 8 years, she moved with my son to Washington State in 2000 ( I live in Texas). I have paid her child support since the divorce was final. Last year my son decided to come live with me for a year in Texas. She stopped shild support at that time, and I did not ask for any from her. This summer he went back to visit and decided to stay with his mother b/c he met a girl. She has now filed paperwork and served me with papers to receive child support again. I have no problem paying for child support but, it is over double what I use to pay her and I dod not ask her for any when he was here. My question is, so I need an attorney in Washington or in Texas? Is my son still considered a reesident of Texas b/c he has only been back up there since the start of this school year? Can I counter file for back child support for the year he was here?? And to top it off, the year he was here I quit my job and lived off my retirement to be with him, I have just recently started working again, how can she ask for double when my income has decreased substantially?? Please give me some direction!! Thanks in advance!

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back