help got convicted for speeding ticket in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyc325

Ok someone help me please, Today i got convicted of two tickets one was for doing 100 in 50 zone and unsafe lane change. my license will be suspended for 60 days the judge said and i have till may 17th to pay 475 dollars or my license will be suspended sooner than they have me for suspension. anyway this incident happen on lie in queens, NYC in january, me and a friend were heading to the city we got on the lie and i switched into the middle lane then over to the left lane using my signals, my friend was behind me at this time, then about a mile and a half later the cop gets next to my friend (this is what my friend said) and then i saw the cop switch into my lane which then immediately he sirened me to pull over ( at this time i wasnt even going past the speed limit), anyway today at court the cop didnt have a radar gun receipt he instead had a written receipt saying he was specialized to estimate someones speed by his speedometer, and he showed the paper to the judge, i told the judge that there was no way he could have clocked me going this fast because indeed my friend was behind me at all times until i got stopped, the judge asked the cop if there was a car behind me taht he observed and the cop said no, but my friend was really behind me, anyway as u know i was convicted, i want to appeal this conviction and bring a lawyer, what do u guys think i should do, i dont see how he can get a accurate reading of me doing 100 mph and he doesnt have a radar gun to make it 100% that i was going this fast. please help me on what to do, everyones help is appreciated. also i was driving my mothers car and im not under her insurance it was a one time thing, does her insurance premiums go up or what?

New York Speeding Ticket Conviction

Ok someone help me please, Today i got convicted of two tickets one was for doing 100 in 50 zone and unsafe lane change. my license will be suspended for 60 days the judge said and i have till may 17th to pay 475 dollars or my license will be suspended

I don't see how anyone can help you at this point. Why would you show up in court on these serious of speeding charges and not retain an attorney?

New York DMV Transit Adjudication Board

covers the five boroughs of New York City, the cities of Buffalo and Rochester, and the towns of Babylon, Brookhaven, Islip, Riverhead and Smithtown in Western Suffolk County. If you receive a citation in these cities you are essentially doomed. These cities utilize the DMV Transit Adjudication Bureau. This facility is not a real court. You have no right to discovery, you don't get a supporting deposition, you cannot plea bargain and you don't even get a real judge. Appeals are virtually non-existent and according to a recent report, the Bureau is required to maintain a 65% conviction rate in order to maintain revenues. The only positive is that the Administrative Law Judge doesn't have the power of incarceration so you won't end up in jail.

This pretty well sums it up.

i was driving my mothers car and im not under her insurance it was a one time thing, does her insurance premiums go up or what?

I am assuming that you are not a teenager and not living at home. Your tickets will not affect her insurance premiums but you had better have a rich uncle to pay your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back