Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI ***HELP! First arrest EVER for DUI in PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

katielady09

Last night/this morning I got pulled over in Nether Providence Township, near Media, PA right near Strath Haven HS. I honestly don't remember exactly what the arresting officer said when he told me why he pulled me over. I'm pretty sure I was speeding, probably driving a little erratically.

He did the whole license/registration deal and then made me get out and do a field sobriety test. He eventually told me I was under arrest for DUI, put me in handcuffs, and gave me a breathalizer test. Made me sign some piece of paper, don't know what exactly it was. Searched my car. Told me he was taking me to Riddle Memorial to get blood drawn. Went to the hospital, they drew my blood. Then took me to the station in Media and I had to give my fingerprints and they took mug shots of me, got all my info.

The officer was actually really nice and I could tell he felt bad. Honestly, I know I shouldn't have been behind the wheel. I never found out what my exact BAC was. I swore I heard him tell another officer in the hallway that the breathalizer was .18 but I could be imagining that. I have absolutely no record whatsoever, I've never even been pulled over, never even received a speeding ticket or other moving violation. I've never been in trouble before with the law.

They towed my car so he gave me a release slip to pick it up. He gave me back my license and everything. Told me I would get something in the mail about a court date(?). Drove me home, told me I would be fine and wouldn't get in trouble because I was pleasant and cooperative.

This is the most humiliating experience ever and I have no idea what I should do. Do I need a lawyer? Do you think I'll get convicted? HELP! :confused: :(

Do you think I'll get convicted?
You were arrested for DUI!! Yes!! Hire a good attorney and hope that you were mistaken about the .18.

Highest BAC (.16 and higher)

First offense:
License suspended for one year.Face anywhere from 72 hours to six months in jail. Get jabbed with a fine ranging anywhere from $1,000 to $5,000. Attend mandatory alcohol highway safety school. Be ordered to seek alcohol and drug treatment.

i got a DUI, Criminal Impersonation, Implied Consent, and Drinking Underage all at once and didnt have to surve any jail time except the day i got the charges. but i did pay $4,000 for a lawyer and $635 for court costs

I got the DUI and the Implied consent dropped
I get the drinking underage dropped after 6 months as long as i dont get into trouble
And i get the Criminal Impersonation dropped after a year and i can get it all expunged after a year

But you really should of said no to the blood test b/c that is basically telling them that your guilty, but if you pay a lot for a lawyer you might be ok i had to use student loans to help pay off my lawyer

in reference for refusing the blood test, first, call me crazy but i thought you get in more trouble if you lie to the police not to mention you just shouldn't lie in general, and secondly, he told me i would go to jail if i refused the blood test and let's just put it this way, i am not jail material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back