Help! Employers Check has bounced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsdoubtfire

I have been working with a home health company for over 2 years nows and today makes the second time they have given me a check that has bounced. I went to check my bank account and it is showing a negative balance including a $10 "check returned" fee. I had money in my bank account prior to the check bouncing, so of course the bank took that money against the bad check which left me owing them the remaining balance of the the check amount! I wrote a check about 2 weeks ago to pay my moms life insurance and that has not posted/cleared my account yet but I'm afraid if it clears tonight and the bank does not cover it....the insurance company will cancel my mothers policy which clearly is a bad thing! My job may or may not take care of this problem today which is also not good because of the insurance check that still has not posted to my bank account. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

If the employer does not make good on the check you can file a complaint with the state DOL.

I can't help you with the insurance check; it is your responsibility to see that the funds are in your account BEFORE they write the check.

I can't help you with the insurance check; it is your responsibility to see that the funds are in your account BEFORE they write the check.

I had money in my bank account BEFORE I CASHED THE PAYCHECK . My bank took that money to cover some of the bounced paycheck. If it is my responsibility to have funds in my account prior to the paycheck and I did....then they should be held responsible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back