Help, can I be sued? Underage daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meme1

I have an Attorney suing me for Attorney fees after I paid him $14,000 dollars from June 1 2011 to August 15 th 2011 and he was allowed to drop my case before the first hearing for discovery which made me fight my case as a Pro Se Plaintiff for 3 years in the Court of law and I took it to a jury trial. It was a civil rights case.I had to send my minor daughter out of state to live and a 35 years old man was having sex with her at the age of 15 I have a grandson now. The attorney was the talking settlement with me and I was asking a small amount out of pocket of the Defendant. My daughter is now 18 with a almost 2years old Son and she want to sue him for Damages on the Grounds if he would not have dropped my case my case would not have lasted until 2014 in the court of law and she would not have had the 35 year old man approach her at the age of 15 because she would have been back with me instead of with my 83 years old mother. So can he sue me after the statutes of limitations hascran out?

At the end it is suppose to say after the statutes of limitations ran out.

I have an Attorney suing me for Attorney fees after I paid him $14,000 dollars from June 1 2011 to August 15 th 2011 and he was allowed to drop my case before the first hearing for discovery which made me fight my case as a Pro Se Plaintiff for 3 years in the Court of law and I took it to a jury trial. It was a civil rights case.I had to send my minor daughter out of state to live and a 35 years old man was having sex with her at the age of 15 I have a grandson now. The attorney was the talking settlement with me and I was asking a small amount out of pocket of the Defendant. My daughter is now 18 with a almost 2years old Son and she want to sue him for Damages on the Grounds if he would not have dropped my case my case would not have lasted until 2014 in the court of law and she would not have had the 35 year old man approach her at the age of 15 because she would have been back with me instead of with my 83 years old mother. So can he sue me after the statutes of limitations hascran out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone can sue anyone they want to sue.
In your case, I doubt that anyone will sue you for what you allege to have occurred.
But, if an attorney is suing you for not paying his or her fees, you're likely to lose.
Most courts ensure that lawyers get paid, even when they barely to deserve to be paid.
You might wnat to investigate bankruptcy, if you are sued, or after you have been sued and have failed to prevail.

I had an other attorney look at what he charged me and the attorney stated he charged me for things he did not do. The attorney I had look at this also called him and he would not come to the Phone and hid behind his workers. I over paid him by what iI was told and I think he is coming after me because he needs money to pay his bills and why would there be a statutes of limitations on some one over charging me and not for some one taking money from any one? This Attorney told me iI have only 2 years to sue him and I was to involved in my civil rights case for women to have rights in the work place even women judges and attorneys that are over the age of 40 I did not have time to deal with him.

Your story makes zero sense. What does having a civil rights case for gender and age discrimination have to do with your daughter living with her grandmother and sleeping with some guy resulting in a pregnancy? Unless you lost custody through the courts for your daughter, you as her mother are still responsible for her well being and for raising her. If you choose to allow someone else to play that role, that it on you, but you are still legally responsible for her.

All of that has nothing to do with owing an attorney for services rendered. Whether he saw the case to its end or not, you owe him for the work he did do. He is certainly not responsible for anything that happened after he was no longer working on the case. Whether you chose to hire someone else or the case took longer than it might have is not his fault. That's on you as are the fees for the time he did work for you. You don't get to decide after the fact that you think his fees were too high.

If that is what the attorney charges, then that is what is due. You probably are on the hook for all the money due the attorney.

Frankly, it sounds like you are delusionally sue happy and your reality check burst. If a lawyer thought you would have a case he would take it on a percentage. We are not privy to your contract, nor are we privy to his billing statement. He may have done many hours of background research because you selected the wrong attorney. That does not invalidate his bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back