help can I be fired for using documents as evidence outside the company

Status
Not open for further replies.

irsqueen2001

My supervisor is trying to fire me because I took copies of agency's documents outside the building. The documents were of other office services employees that had made the same mistakes as I did, but the other employees were not being held accountable. I used the documents as evidence to show the differential treatment at the meditation hearing against my former supervisor. Unknowingly to me when I got back to the office some one told my former supervisor I had the documents in the car and my former supervisor called me into her office, with security in attendance and told me to go out to my car. She, I and security walked out to my car. I had no idea what we were going out to the car for until she told me to open the car door and give her the documents, which I did. Now the supervisor is taking investigatory action for taking confidential information outside the office. I had filed two EEOC complaints of harassment against this supervisor in which the one was resolved due to meditation. The second meditation hearing is the one I speak of above. I withdrew the complaint because I was no longer going to be supervised by this supervisor, and in fact this supervised had been demoted three days after this meditation hearing, and was not my supervisor when she asked for the documents (I don't know why I gave them to her).

She feels that I'm the cause for her demotion and has been writing me up for any little thing, taking notes of the conversation when I'm on a personal call, starting another investigatory hearing alleging I continuously am not following supervisory directives.

What can I do- anyone out there can give me some advice, I know I got myself in a pickle with the documents, , I told her I had used the documents as evidence against her at the meditation hearing.
I BE FIRED FOR USING DOCUMENT TO HELP MY CASE

If you took company documents out of the company in violation of company policies, that can result in discipline or termination no matter what your motivations were. A possible exception might be if you fell under a state or federal whistleblower law, but you don't indicate anything which would implicate such a law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back