Help Brokerage Firm wants to compel arbitration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

openseason

I sued a brokerage firm in civil court (chicago,IL) because they have had my account frozen for almost 4yrs and refused to give me any information on why. they tell me to write them, and when I do they never respond. Judge asked them if they had any legal instrument giving them the right to withhold funds from me, they answered NO. SO there are no liens, levies, garnishments, no irs issues, I do not have kids (No child support) and Ive neer been married, and Ive never been sueD!

They filed a Motion to Compel Arbitration/Dismiss. I cant afford to hire an attorney to represent me in Arbitration. I called my states securities department they told me to lodge a complaint with them, and send them all documents that I have. They Also told me to lodge a complaint with FINRA.

So what I would like to do is have the judge dismiss without prejudice while I try to go through my states securites department. However I do need the judge to order them to give all information regarding my account (discovery), and also order them to pay for arbitration if needed?

So how do I go about doing this? what type of motion do I file.
motion to dismiss and ask for discovery?

You need a lawyer. What you need to do is far too complex to instruct you about over the Internet.

? Attorney cant afford

I cant afford an attorney. The money in my account is from a loan. Most lawyers want a portion, I cant pay them 20% and pay back the original loan amount plus interest. Furthermore I really dont no where this firm stand, maybe they do have some "legal reason" for withholding the funds, I would certainly like to know that before hiring an attorney, therefore at the very least I need some discovery.:confused:

Any help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back