Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Hearsay or not?

Mary2

Jurisdiction
Georgia
If a 14 year old girls mom accuses me of statutory rape, but the girl herself denies it could I be arrested or charged?

If a 14 year old girls mom accuses me of statutory rape, but the girl herself denies it could I be arrested or charged?

The fact that you need to ask such a loaded question illustrates that you could be heading towards intense legal jeopardy.

It's not uncommon for molested children, or rape victims to lie in order to protect their molester, or to protect themselves from physical threats often made by child molesters.

As to whether you can be arrested, that's up to the local ,aw enforcement agencies and the prosecutor.

A physician can determine if a child has been sexually molested after examining the child.

I suggest you lawyer up, clam up, stay away from all children, and prepare to reap what you've sown, mate.

The fact that you need to ask such a loaded question illustrates that you could be heading towards intense legal jeopardy.

It's not uncommon for molested children, or rape victims to lie in order to protect their molester, or to protect themselves from physical threats often made by child molesters.

As to whether you can be arrested, that's up to the local ,aw enforcement agencies and the prosecutor.

A physician can determine if a child has been sexually molested after examining the child.

I suggest you lawyer up, clam up, stay away from all children, and prepare to reap what you've sown, mate.
Even if she is family and there is no evidence?

Wow what about when they don't find any evidence, then it should be dropped right?

They already have evidence: the mother's testimony. That could be enough to get you arrested pending further investigation. Once that happens and girl is questioned at length she is likely to admit to a sexual relationship with you.

If so couldn't i possibly counter Sue for slender?

Sure.

So it could only be hearsay right?

Could be hearsay. Could just be an unprovable allegation. Could be a lot of things. If you get contacted by law enforcement, keep your mouth shut and hire a lawyer.

I because we never did anything,

Which begs the question: What are you doing hanging out with a 14 year old? There must be some background here that's making the mother hostile to you.

The mother may just be threatening you in an effort to get you to stay away from her daughter. Probably a good idea for you to do so.

She's my cousin but I don't really know her mother I know she is supposed to be my aunt but she's a deadbeat and was always in Texas while I was growing up when she found out we were hanging out she started with the allegations but she's not even in the picture I'm surprised she still has custody but I figured with my cousin going to foster care and me and my mother trying to do everything we can she would bring these allegations backup

No it was a possibility until about a week ago, so i got in contact with her dads side told them where she is. Then gave her representative their information, to see if they could do anything about it. I just walked away from this situation. I didn't understand how trying to be there for a close member, could make me look so bad.

Last edited:
No it was a possibility until about a week ago, so i got in contact with her dads side told them where she is. Then gave her representative their information, to see if they could do anything about it. I just walked away from this situation.

My mother wants to continue, but im gonna stay out of this. What is you guys opinion on this? I told her shes gonna be beating a dead horse, and im just trying to stay away.

Back