Health Insurance Premiums

Status
Not open for further replies.

vettegrrrl

My son is going to mediation in two weeks. His ex is trying to get him to pay for the dependent coverage on her health insurance policy covering their child...that's fine...EXCEPT...she has another child by a previous marriage that is also on that policy. She claims that doesn't make any difference since the cost is the same for one dependant or 100. I can't find any case law that addresses this problem...we are in Florida. Shouldn't the "other father" be ordered to pay a part of this insurance also?
Thanks for any input

I don't think you need case law but logic as well as some documentation from the insurer. It makes no sense that you can have 100 kids on the same policy for the same cost. The insurer would likely go out of business as well.

What they do in Az is that they take the amount that is paid monthly for the insurance and divide it by the amount of people on the plan. If he only has 1 child then he would pay for the amount that was determined. For example, my ex husband carries my children on his plan. There are 7 people nit and the premium is 249$ per month. They divide the 249 by 7 and that is waht he pays for my children. I hope I explained this ok.
Good Luck.
Melissa:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back