Texas Health insurance international worker

A

Anamaconde

Jurisdiction
Texas
I am from Colombia, I worked as a temporary worker in the US. I had a health insurance and when I had a health issue I went to the hospital, months after when I got back to my country I received a bill on the amount of money arguing the insurance didn't answer so I had to pay. I discover they had my name bad written and the procedure was not done well, they argue that the 90 days to fight for the case already passed, and after they said they were reviweing the case again, but I Haven't have an answer. I am far and really don't know who to call for help in this case.

I am from Colombia, I worked as a temporary worker in the US. I had a health insurance and when I had a health issue I went to the hospital, months after when I got back to my country I received a bill on the amount of money arguing the insurance didn't answer so I had to pay. I discover they had my name bad written and the procedure was not done well, they argue that the 90 days to fight for the case already passed, and after they said they were reviweing the case again, but I Haven't have an answer. I am far and really don't know who to call for help in this case.

If you're living in another country, there's very little, if anything the debtor can do EXCEPT scare you into paying a debt you believe you don't owe.

I suggest you enjoy your life in South America and forget about living in the USA.

I've visited Bogota, and enjoyed my time in your city and your country. Good luck.

So the insurer denied the claim and will not pay for the treatment? What reason did the insurer give for doing so when you called them? The quality of the care if not a reason to deny payment in the US. If the name on the policy or medical records is incorrect, you will need to correct that then have the claim resubmitted.

Back