Other Immigration Law Have we ever lived together? I-130 form

Status
Not open for further replies.

trasky

Alright, here is our story. My husband and I met 6 years ago while traveling abroad. He is Canadian and I am American. We returned to our respective countries and a year later we moved to South America for 9 months. I returned to the U.S. and he stayed a bit longer. A few years passed. Then, a year and a half ago, I started "visiting" him in Canada. We have done that successfully (and I have left and returned at proper times) and 2 weeks ago we went to the States and got married. We are now back in Canada and doing our paperwork on our I-130. My question is, do we mention that we have been living together here in Canada? I thought that maybe we shouldn't except I don't know if it gives more validity to our relationship. Should I mention that we lived together abroad? Also, we are only planning on being in Canada 6 months more at the most so should I try to adjust my status here or not worry about it. When we crossed the border we did not mention that we are married. Thanks so much for any help and guidance. We are anxious to get our paperwork done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back