Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct HARRASSMENT... even after court! PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

astyler01

At the beginning of the year, I was involved in an altercation between myself and an upstairs neighbor (along with her sister and boyfriend, who was an off duty policeman) because I called the police to file a noise complaint on her apartment. The individuals did not like the fact that I called the cops and from that formed a huge arguement outside our apartments. The altercation ended in her grabbing my wristing and pushing me, while I hit her in the top of her head. Although angered by the incident, I treated this altercation as two neighbors who just can't get along. However, the other individual decided to "milk" the situation for all it was worth and hurried to file charges. On the day of our court appearance, the individual brought her sister as a witness and I brought none. I also chose to represent myself (which was huge mistake). Needless to say the case was more than one sided. I plead not guilty to 2nd deg assault and the judge entered a verdict called "probation before judgement". Although disappointed that the matter had to even go to court and that the witnesses lied in court & withheld VITAl information about the altercation, I was just relieved that it was over... so I thought.

The next day, I get a call from my boss (for my job that is headquartered in SC) saying that an individual called them yesterday making a commotion about an altercation I was involved in and that I attacked someone. My boss was able to realize that the individual who called was obviously seeking to get me in some sort of trouble, but could not understand why this individual was calling my place of employment, regarding a situation that happened over 4 months ago and that was already handled in court.

This has been a never-ending battle. My car was also vandalized on the night of the incident, however, because I did not see the individual in the act, I did not go forward as I knew it would have been a waste of time (or would it have been). Should I have contacted the police regardless? My main question is, what are my rights regarding this individual contacting my place of employment regarding this incident after it was already heard in court. It is bad enough that knowing that this individual put her hands on me first and her (and her witnessed lied in court) to come out on top, without having to deal with additional harrassment on top of that. Although I would have liked this once petty situation to just go away many months ago, it is obvious that the individual is trying to drag on what ever remains and is trying to continue to cause problems for me, even after a open & shut court hearing.

What can be done in this matter? Can I press charges or sue for harrassment? If so, would a case worth pursuing or does she just have the right to contact my employer? Even though many months have passed and I know she vandalized my vehicle, is it possible to press charges for that and how hard would it be to prove? I would just like to get this monkey off my back and let just FINALLY be served.

HELP! Does anyone have any ideas in this matter? Is it possible for me to go after her for harrassment? I know she doesn't have the right to continue to contact me place of employment, especially after this case has already gone to court. I am not sure why she is still dragging things on, but I would like to put an end to this. Can I sue her?

Whats your evidence?

I don't know what the statute of limitations for filing vandalism or harassment charges (criminal chrges). I'm sure you can look it up on your states website. If you've past the statue of limitations I'm not sure what options might be open to you.

A lot of your question hinges on evidence. What kind of evidence you have against this neighbor that documents harassment or vandalism? The standard in a criminal court for finding a defendant guilty is "beyond a reasonable doubt". The standard in a civil court for a judgement against the defendant is a "preponderance of the evidence".

How are you going to convince a roomful of strangers that this woman is harming you?

Ibis

Whats your evidence?

I don't know what the statute of limitations for filing vandalism or harassment charges (criminal chrges). I'm sure you can look it up on your states website. If you've past the statue of limitations I'm not sure what options might be open to you.

A lot of your question hinges on evidence. What kind of evidence you have against this neighbor that documents harassment or vandalism? The standard in a criminal court for finding a defendant guilty is "beyond a reasonable doubt". The standard in a civil court for a judgement against the defendant is a "preponderance of the evidence".

How are you going to convince a roomful of strangers that this woman is harming you?

It sounds as though your emplyer can attest to one act of harassment. Don't know if that enough to go to court for. Might be worth keeping a log.

Ibis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back