harrassing cell phone calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frustrated_Oki

I have been receiving calls from a blocked number for nearly two years on my cell phone. I have changed my number 3 times and after about 6 weeks, the calls start again. The last time I changed the number, I didn't record a personal announcement on it so that my voice would not be associated with the number. When the calls started again, I didn't answer them. When I contacted the cell phone company again, they suggested I answer the calls to log them and after I had, to file a police report. I started answering the calls but not saying anything, just to make the connection. Only one time has the person said anything and it was a woman who used profanity. The voice wasn't familiar. The police have told me that they normally won't bother with this as it's low on their crime list. My phone co. won't or can't give me any numbers accessing mine without a subpoena or court order. How do I find out who is making the calls so I can get this resolved? I have all blocked numbers prevented from calling my home phone, but need to keep the mobile phone on due to aging parents. I would appreciate any help.

Here is a little bit of advice that may work that I was informed of from friends. If you obtain a toll free number and forward your calls to the toll free number, e.g. forward calls from your mobile to your house phone, it should indicate the calling number on your toll-free bill.

Frustrated Oki said:
I have been receiving calls from a blocked number for nearly two years on my cell phone. I have changed my number 3 times and after about 6 weeks, the calls start again. The last time I changed the number, I didn't record a personal announcement on it so that my voice would not be associated with the number. When the calls started again, I didn't answer them. When I contacted the cell phone company again, they suggested I answer the calls to log them and after I had, to file a police report. I started answering the calls but not saying anything, just to make the connection. Only one time has the person said anything and it was a woman who used profanity. The voice wasn't familiar. The police have told me that they normally won't bother with this as it's low on their crime list. My phone co. won't or can't give me any numbers accessing mine without a subpoena or court order. How do I find out who is making the calls so I can get this resolved? I have all blocked numbers prevented from calling my home phone, but need to keep the mobile phone on due to aging parents. I would appreciate any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back