harrassed / forgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmed

I have been harrased by an immediate supervisor for 2 yearsThis particular individual harrasses mostly italian americans and anyone with a vowel in the end of there name . I have heard him regard italians as WOPS years back before he made supervisor. . Others are afraid to speak out about That being said :

I have been relocated in my job 5 times in 18months requiring me to change of vacation, holidays off ,work days,days off each and every time . Last year I applied for a transfer into a special unit . To qualify for this unit I paid 40,000 to recieve special training . Last year when I attempted to apply I was told to increase my activity and next year I would be highly recommended ( my activity was suffering due to a divorce) I did increase my activity to be the highest of 8 in my unit./ Now I am told I do not have enough activity . Even though My letter for consideration was suppossedly sent in . There is an interview guaranteed by contract. I never recievd one. However there is an endorsement on the application sayin I recieved an interviewIt was signed by the 2nd in charge and my signature forged claiming I was interviewed for the position. At the date and time in question I was lunch ( 2 miles away) no where near my office nor did I even have 2 words with the interviewer.It will cost me $ 1,000 to have a document examiner verify the forgery . I am willing to pay it if I have some type harrasment case . I have been working toward eligibilty for this position for 4 years and spent a lot of hard earned money. Thank you in advance for any comments

So what did top management say when you told them that was not your signature and that you were out of the office at the time the interview is alledged to have happened?

more info

I have not yet addressed them. I am afraid they will" circle the wagon" or harrass me more . I want to get a handwriting analysis fisrt There is a slight chance I signed the form where it shows person interviewed before I submitted. I do not recall signing there and the signature looks nothing like mine . I ws at the local gym on my lunch break when this supposedly took place It uis noted in an official document which is my record of dailyl activity. Anyway its sliced I did not have an interview . The forensic handwriting analysis will cost anywhere from $125 to $1,000 to perform .
On another front this job has begun planting marijuana in peoples car as an integrity test . I found it in mine yesterday and reported it to my superior . It may be of coincidence . I do not want to give more details as they will know whom I am if any of them monitor this board. Harmed

Last edited:
I have no idea what kind of work you do or industry you work in but it appears to be out of the norm. Planting marijuana in people's cars as a test???? Your average employer sure doesn't do that.

I think you're on the verge of spending a lot of money for nothing. If you were at the gym when the interview took place, I would expect there is some sort of sign-in showing members' comings and goings? Why don't you just contact the gym manager and get a copy of the log for that time on that particular day.

Additionally, your employer will look sideways at any evidence you present from a handwriting expert that says it is not your signature. (1) Handwriting analysis is not an exact science and (2) it's YOUR expert that YOU paid. Your employer may well not have any confidence in this type of "evidence."

If the signature looks nothing like yours AND you can provide a copy of the gym sign-in that shows you were there when the "interview" took place, that ought to be more than sufficient to demonstrate to the top boss that something's not quite right.

Hi

I am in law enforcement . I do not sign in at the gym as everyone there knows me and my name is embossed on my uniform . This job used this same expert as a forensic examiner prior to his retirement he actually worked there .How can they refute a witness they used for 18 years . This is telling me that working a life time at a job and doing excellent work does not pay You are better off doing all you are expected to do and no more . I did excellent service for my own gratification primarily . I have never asked for anything special from them in my career. If this goes no where but here they lost someone special and good at the job they need someone for . Not every Tom, Dick or Harry is qualified for this position . They will have to pay $20-40,000 to groom someone off the street for this position and even then they may not be ca[pable of performing the task at hand. Hours of experience are needed at this position before you can be cut loose to perform it.. This is a waste of $ to the taxpayer .I am just bewildered at how anyone can wake up in the morning knowing they manipuilated things to this point I have a lot of resentment at this point .
"Forget about it this year but if you work extra hard, next year we will do everything to accomodate you " Well its next year and guess what ??? thanks for listening . Harmed

One final note

If a case such as this were to go to a jury or even a mediator I have no doubt that I could prove my case . The problem is :can it be brought before an EEOC hearing? race , color, creed, sexual orientation or preference are not an issue The fact I am Italian is but who out there really believes Italians are discriminated against . ?

The EEOC does not handle complaints of "unfairness." An employer being unfair or not living up to a vague promise they made is not illegal. The EEOC is only legally charged with handling complaints of prohibited discrimination.

Your supervisor sounds like a real jerk but some rude comments about Italian-Americans and other ethnic groups doesn't amount to prohibited discrimination nor is it proof you have been unlawfully denied a job opportunity.

Your question is not a legal one but rather one of "internal politics." Obviously nobody here can advise you what your best course of action is. If you believe you need a handwriting expert to certify that the signature is not yours before you go to the Chief of Police (or whomever) to complain about how this situation was handled, that's a call only you can make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back