hardware/software bundled electronics issues

Mute9003

Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
I ran into this problem alot myself and see 1000s of others online with same issue

For example
my HP laptop is plugged in not charging.
Someone figured out its a windows issue possibly.
They contact HP, and are told essentially"not our problem" contact microsoft.
They contact microsoft and get same answer..
Being stuck between 2 companies where neither wants to take responsibility for their broken product.
Or another example, android auto on kenwood nav doesnt work as advertized, and its a well known problem, yet kenwood still advertizes their units with android auto. for which i belive they are finally getting sued now...

anyway, these are just two examples or a well known issue that consumers face with when there are multiple companies involved in making a product..
Why are there no regulations on making sure the companies work together to resolve consumer products more swiftly?
Because at the moment i feel like they simply dont give a faq since they know a typical consumer has nowhere to go.
So what you dont like hp. Every other laptop has same issues and same crappy tech support. We lose you to sony and get 10 more customers who switched from sony to hp because sony did same exact shady thing where they simply wait for the model to get outdated and if they ignore the customer complaints long enough most will just cash out for a new laptop or whatever the device may be.

Seems like there should be laws preventing companies from doing that.
I mean cars come with 5 year warranties why would we expect an electronic device in our hand only last 1 year and all the electronics in a car to last 5 years.

You are free to work towards establishing a law (or laws) that are in line with your views. Best of luck to you.

I wouldnt be here if i knew how to do that...
Just asking if there are any kind of regulations or enforcements for that kind of situation when neither company takes responsibility for their product

most of people are in the same boat as me.
They go on manufacturer's forums hoping for a solution but usually are just ignored.
innthis case the problem is there for over a year and HP and microsoft are simply ignoring those people .

They go on manufacturer's forums hoping for a solution but usually are just ignored.
innthis case the problem is there for over a year and HP and microsoft are simply ignoring those people .
You aren't required to use Microsoft (or HP, for that matter). Get a Mac.

And how is apple gonna help?
What am i supposed to do with it?
I need windows pc
There are very few things that you can't do on a Mac. In order to test your problem, try running some flavor of Linux from a USB drive and see if it charges. If it does, then you have an OS problem, if it doesn't, then you have a hardware problem. Having said that, this is not a tech support forum, so I won't go down that path any more.

If your computer is out of warranty, or if it is in warranty and your problem is not covered by the warranty, then you're out of luck. Buy a different brand.

For example
Being stuck between 2 companies where neither wants to take responsibility for their broken product.

Is this hypothetical product still under any sort of warranty?

Why are there no regulations on making sure the companies work together to resolve consumer products more swiftly?

If, in fact, there are no regulations of this sort (and I honestly have no idea one way or the other), it is obviously because no governing body has enacted any such regulations. Is that really what you intended to ask?

I doubt that's true. I don't know and never have heard of anything in such a proverbial boat.

For example

Are you ATTEMPTING to operate your laptop using WinDOZE 10?

I rolled all my laptops back to Windows 7, mate.
There are many reasons I did that, even though none similar to yours.

All I know is that I have zero problems operating my snazzy, new laptops on Windows 7.

These aren't just my personal devices, mate.

They are the devices used in my law firm and my ranch.

I have had no incidents or problems.

I've had zero problems with Windows 10, but my use of the OS is very limited - I am a 95% Mac guy with a smattering of other os's thrown in.

I've had zero problems with Windows 10, but my use of the OS is very limited - I am a 95% Mac guy with a smattering of other os's thrown in.

There are things on this planet I'll never understand.

If something works for me, I don't try to improve it, if it ain't broke.

I would suggest not posting questions on company forums, but on technical forums; there at least, you might find a solution. But since this is a legal site and not a tech site.... o_O

I was getting ready to lock this thread but I had a thought.

You haven't said what you've done (other than contacting both companies because "somebody" thought it was a Microsoft problem).

Have you tried the obvious?

New battery.
New charger.

Back