Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

oattmeal11

I hope someone can help me. Well, a couple months ago I was harassed in school (someone pulled my pants down in public. I was emotionally traumatized for a while and the next day after the incident the school asked me questions. The kids that did it were not even punished which is absolutely wrong. I need a quick response please.

I hope someone can help me. Well, a couple months ago I was harassed in school (someone pulled my pants down in public. I was emotionally traumatized for a while and the next day after the incident the school asked me questions. The kids that did it were not even punished which is absolutely wrong. I need a quick response please.

Are you a legal adult (older than age 18)?

If you aren't, you have no standing.

You are a legal incompetent.

However, your parents or guardians may have standing to take legal action on your behalf, discuss this matter with them.

If you are an adult (age 18 or older), you might wish to consult with a local attorney.

You can meet with one, two, or even three.

Be sure to ask lots of questions, as you make your decison about your next steps.

The initial consultation with an attorney is normally provided free of charge.

Use your time wisely.

Of course, if you are NOT an adult, you might suggest that your parents speak with an attorney as described above!

Yes I am not 18, but if I were to discuss this with my parents what are my options?
Thanks for the reply.

YOU have no options.

You are a legal incompetent.

Your parents MIGHT have options.

Reread my post above.

I laid it all out very clearly for you.

I have another question of you don't mind answering.
My school is trying to get me in some sort of trouble because I went out for lunch but my parents said I could.

I have another question of you don't mind answering.
My school is trying to get me in some sort of trouble because I went out for lunch but my parents said I could.

If you disobeyed a school rule, you may have to pay the price.

You should keep your parents informed about EVERYTHING that happens at school.

Your parents can fight those battles, IF they choose.

You will only get into more trouble by trying to fight them yourself.

Your parents have rights.

You have none.

Your parents are people.

Children (humans under 18 years of age) are considered legal incompetents.

All rights flow through the parental units.

Inform your parents and let them investigate their options.

So do you think my parents can file a lawsuit or something?

Your parents would have much more success in trying to get the school administration to take action against the other students who are bothering you. It is possible they did receive some sort of punishment that you do not have knowledge of.

Last edited:
Just curious, how do you know whether the kids involved were punished or not? The school is not obligated to tell you what action they took or make the punishment public. And it stands to reason the kids are not going to admit it; they might even (gasp) LIE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back