Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeseybecca

The police will not disclose the persons name however they told us that it is the same person who has been calling the police on us for over 5 years now. My husband had a hobby of restoring vw cars. He had a car with a loud stereo in it and use to play it when he was outside our house that we own. This neighbor would call the police on us and the police said to turn down the music. We would, my husband stopped using that stereo because it was causing problems. From then on this neighbor who lives in a mobile home, would call the police all the time, yell at my kids when they are swimming in the pool, flip us off when she is driving by. She called the city complained we are a used car lot, a chop shop, and made numerous other complaints against us. One night last year she called and the policeman was "having a bad day" according to his watch commander, and let the lady place a citizens arrest on my husband. We stopped listening to the radio outside, my husband got rid of his hobby, and still she calls and the police come. The police say we need to file a restraining order and harassment charges. However I don't know how to go about it. I don't have the money to spend on lawyers. However in the last week after 4th of July the police have been at our house twice. The neighbors have been shooting off fireworks. She claimed we were setting off fireworks at 1am woke my husband up. Then last night 3 officers with guns drawn showed up at 2am, because she called saying she heard gun shots from our residence. We don't even own a gun. We have been trying to not disturb this woman, but she still finds ways to disturb us. I am ready to fight now and wonder if I have a case??
We can't afford to move and can't possibly change anything else to accomidate this woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back