Harassment???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKnight

I feel that I am being pushed out. I recieved my MBA last year and since then it has gone down hill with my employer. I am also 50 years old and a white male. My employer is the local County Government where I work in the computer division.

Early this year I filed a complaint against one of my co-workers (who now works in a different department) with my (now former) Supervisor. The incident with the co-worker is in regard of her stating in front of my other co-workers, that I was having an affair with one of the women Commissioners which I have a good working relationship with. Then this woman continued by involving my wife, asking me if my wife knew and what she thought about it! This woman continued and starting to slam the Commissioner on her style and dress. The later when she realized no one was laughing and there was a long pause she said that she was joking.

After I reported thsi to my Supervisor, which I found out that the two are friends, I was pulled for the site and placed back to the main office. I was later returned for this "opportunity" as they called it by my Manager and Dispatcher (also friends of this woman) which required physical labor by dropping off the new PCs and picking up and storing the old PCs (about 120 PCs and 200 CRT displays).

Then I was given another "opportunity" which required more lifting of computer equipment. During this time I was also instructed to deliver and pick up County vehicles from Maintenance. Management also withheld information from to make this "opportunity" successful and was blasted for this in my annual review. Up until then I had a perfect review for 7 years.

I was then transferred again to another section of town for about two months and also give at times the same tasks of assessment of equipment.

Later I was transferred BACK to the area where I started in the whole scheme to assess the old PCs that I stored. The PCs were stored in a metal pod that sits outside in the heat. I got an outside thermometer and took pictures of the inside environment and the thermometer - it got to be over 140 degrees inside! From my research, the age bracket of 45 to 54 has a 33% chance of heat exhaustion and a 49% chance of heat stroke if you are a white male. The chances increase if you have high blood pressure - which I have. It is also recommended that if working in this type of environment that you have a partner as a safety precaution - I was working alone! One time I was trapped inside because a stack of monitors fell and trapped my foot.

During that whole time I had a sore back and started seeing a chiropractor for my back issues. Later I started having pains in my left shoulder and ended going to an Orthopedic doctor. This whole time I was complaining to my Supervisor that I was hurting. I was instructed to do the best I can.

I in turn got two doctors notes, one for my back and one for my shoulder. The one for my back gave me four weeks of light-duty the other is open. In my shoulder I have arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis and a torn ligament. I am now getting a new note from my Orthopedic doctor. I also received another Work Order for another "opportunity" - placing me back in a environment where I would get hurt again lifting computer equipment (about 400 pieces).

My Orthopedic doctor told me last time that I am not to be lifting equipment life I had before. I asked if I could go back to weight lifting in the future - he said "find another hobby." I am currently on medication and contiplating surgery for my shoulder yet with them knowing this they are still willing to place in the same enviromental condition to injure myself. They also have otehr people who are younger and capable to perform these tasks yet it always appears that I am "selected" or singled out.

Any suggestions?

How come no one is answering my post???

I am now on paid leave because of my injury and have to go to their doctor (next week). I was told by HR that I can take up to three months leave and anything after that they can replace me. I have 10 weeks term leave accumilated.

Rumor at work is that they have 'already gotten rid of me' which is making some people very happy. Yea, I have enemies at work. I have also been told several months ago that they were trying to find a way to get rid of me anyway - now that I am injured it only makes it better for them!

They did the same thing with one woman where they forced her to make the decision of doing her job and work over-time and leave her underaged, handicapped childern at home without adult supervision (which is against the law) OR to take care of her childern and loose her job. She lost her job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back