harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillywillies3

Myself and a coworker filed a sexual harassment complaint against a coworker with to our supervisor. He admitted in written response to the behavoir and was ordered not to have contact with us. A few days later things got really ugly between us and myself and the coworker filed another complaint with our OAA. A meeting with all was had and we decided to let our dept. handle the discipline and action. Shortly after my supervisors began diplaying the same harassing behavoir even worse towards me. They also never disciplined the coworker, but they found time to discipline me and my other coworker for minor policy infractions. Also in addition to the harassment it was disclosed the the coworker had numerous other policy infractions including time sheet fraud. I filed another cimplaint with the OAA and they are currently investigating the incidents, and the supervisors admitted in writing to the inappropriate behavoir, only that I took it the wrong way. This has been going on since 09/03 and I plan on filing with the state EEO. There defense is the coworker is a 20 year employee a should not be formally disciplined, and I have no right to ask or dictate what punishment he recieves. I accept that but at our level only females are being disciplined. Any ideas, I'm in texas? Thanx :(

Filing a federal lawsuit for discrimination might not be a bad idea -- Title VII. This governs patterns of discrimination against a protected group of people, e.g. those of age, race, sex, religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back