Harassment or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjhelp

I work at a corrections facility and have been under "attach" by the administration for the past several years. Recently they are now trying to file charges against me for a task I performed while at work and are trying to fire me. First let me state that this task is a "routine" task that has been done for years at this facility by everyone there and up to this point has always been part of your duties while working. This task is documented in several files and records at the facility with the exact same thing being done in the past. However, all of a sudden they decided that this is not normal routine and are stating I went against department policy and state or federal laws. I know I didn't give the exact task however what I'm more looking for is how do I prove that they are harassing me and what laws are out there that protect me from this type of harassment/abuse?

What you describe does not meet the definition of illegal harassment - not even close.

Unless you have some valid reason to believe that they are doing this BECAUSE OF your race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, pregnancy or because you are over 40 (or because of your membership in any group protected by your state law) what they are doing is not illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back