harassment on job

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcarney

I have worked for the same company for 17 years ,In december I was offered a job as service manager for the same company . The person that I replaced in this job moved up to work on the corporate level to help new branches start up .

The problem that I have is with the person that I replaced ,he will tell anyone that will listen that I don't know what I am doing . He tries to undermine my authority with the people that work for me ,Then he will tell the new vice president that I can't manage my people when after he changed everything .I talked to the branch manager about this he agreement but will not do anything about this .Is this a form of harassment ,what can I do about this matter.

Thankyou

It sounds more like an issue of defamation if it is not true. Stating false information to others about a person's trade or business can be "libel per se" which means that, unlike the normal cases of libel, damages to you do not have to be proven but are presumed. But it's his/her right to say that in their opinion they think that you aren't capable of the job. I would think that there are some policies within the company that would govern employee conduct. Is there a human resources department?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back