Harassment from landlord and neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

wysn

I assume I'm on a month to month lease now. Lived in a different trailer in same park but bought the one I'm in now without signing a new lease. Lived in tis one for almost 3 years now.
From the very beginning this landlord/owner has harassed me, called me names and bad mouthed to other people. The last time several people heard him call me a F****** Bitch about 10 times in a couple minute conversation. He got within inches of my face screaming and he was so close that one of my neighbors actually asked if he hit me. The reason behind him doing this is because I complained about my neighbors constantly taking up my parking spaces. I seldom get to park in front of my own mobile home. I am on disability due to a heart condition and other issues which is my chief reason for complaining. I told him this and he still doesn't give a rat's behind. Well, he just tells me I need to say something to them. I have told them and they yell and call me names. That is why I started telling him to begin with. Well, finally about a week and a half ago I had enough. They blocked me in and I had weasel my car out. So, I decided to park down behind their car when I got back home that way I knew I could get out next time I needed to leave. WOW! I never they could come out of their home so fast. They screamed and called me so many names. Is their anything at all I can do?
My son will be driving soon and I have 2 cars. My landlord even told me that I only need one vehicle! My neighbors have 3 and told me they can park where they want because I don't need more than one.

Most of this is an issue that needs to be resolved with the landlord.
Since things have gotten a bit physical and the neighbor seems aggressive you may be able to seek a restraining order against him that will keep him away from your house and property. You could bring up the parking issue in court when you request the restraining order and see if the judge will through in a comment about it on the order.

Otherwise, take it up with property management. You pay rent to live there and are allowed the same access to parking as any other tenant. If someone else is parking on the portion that you are renting then you have a legitimate gripe.

eviction?

The landlord is the owner also and it doesn't do any good to complain. Someone else suggested the restraining order after my neighbor's grown daughter came over screaming profanities in my yard the day after the last incident. But, here's another question, if I were to try the T.P.O., would my landlord be able to evict me since I'm basically on a month to month tenancy? I do own my mobile home and have 2 kids. Being on disability, it would be difficult to just up and move. Someone told me that I could have filed assault charges (verbal) after the confrontation with my landlord? Which I should say is the last time I've also spoken to him and that was last fall (beginning of Sept.). I refuse to speak to him until I get an apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back