Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct harassment charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustangx

What can be the worst penalties faced by a college student who is accused of text harassment? A scenario:

A student is acused of text harassment which ranges in texts of bias incident in degree but not are any death threats whatsoever. However, the student has a few pscyhological conditions such anxiety and bi polar and had been bullied by the person there were texting. Can the student receive a lighter sentence whereas in criminal/and or campus.

I suggest you speak with your parents, and then seek the services of an attorney.

If you're charged (or have already been charged), make no statements, offer no explanations, provide no excuses, and make no confessions. Plead not guilty and work with your attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, ask the court to appoint one to represent you.

Stay away from the alleged victim. Do not communicate in any form with the alleged victim.

Stay out of any trouble while you await the various stages of your case. Lastly, follow the advice of your attorney and speak no more of this or about this.

What would do if, if it's still a university thing and it has crossed into actual law enforcement terriority. If it's still within the Campus deans(Campus Life).

Last edited:
What would do if, if it's still a university thing and it has crossed into actual law enforcement terriority. If it's still within the Campus deans(Campus Life).

I wouldn't be where you are.
That said, just stop.
Don't communicate with a person that doesn't welcome your communication.

Stop, in the the name of love!!!

Was this is a "fair" sanction I got:
*Probation through my time at TCU.
*Anger managment classes
*Alcohol/drug class(I mentioned some alcohol incident back in February that happend to me)
*Outside counseling(I mentioned that I have some "issues")
*Speaking to the dean
*No contact with the person I "texted"

Though, my hearing was sort of flawed I could say which was from accuser himself. He mentioned some hearsay allegations which was about some outside stuff unreleated regarding a female student that thinks she's "afraid" and "threatened" by me. She keeps mentioned to Campus Life @ TCU that I've stalked her and had at spit at her one time which I never did. This guy mentioned that I posted stuff about him on an annoymous posting board called "CollegeAcb" which I'm disputing. He made a real bias testimony that seemed to make a bias panel. I could appeal my sanction to the Vice Chancellor-Student Affairs but there is a slight chance that she could increase the punishment. Though, there is a slight chance she might lower it.

Last edited:
When you compare these "probation" conditions to expulsion, yeah, it seems "fair."

I would suggest you make no more mention of these folks, that you do not frequent bulletin boards or websites that they are on, and that you avoid like the plague anywhere they might frequent or socialize. Just stay away and have no contact whatsoever.

Oh, and maintain that therapy.

When you compare these "probation" conditions to expulsion, yeah, it seems "fair."

I would suggest you make no more mention of these folks, that you do not frequent bulletin boards or websites that they are on, and that you avoid like the plague anywhere they might frequent or socialize. Just stay away and have no contact whatsoever.

Oh, and maintain that therapy.

I'm not mentioning them by there names here. I've blocked them on Facebook and I don't even get on any boards/forums they are on. Since, TCU is a medium size campus the chances are I might run into them. Though, I've filed a complaint against them to the Campus Life of instances that indirectly led to the "harassment incident" in August; it's been a pattern of incidents that've streteched back.

Can I get expelled just because I can't afford the counseling/and anger mangement classes. Just wondering. I know Campus Life would get ticked if I messed up a second time. I know that's worst. My dad talked to the Dean on Friday when I told him the decision and the Dean said he would look into this week.

If they made such counseling a condition of your continued enrollment, they probably can.

Aren't their services available for students?

The counseling stuff is short-term on campus. Well, the Assistant Dean of Campus Life told my dad that he "would look into it...
". I'm not avoiding, I can just afford it.

TCU is a private liberal arts school. I guess they wanted to keep it under the carpet I guess. I also I'm getting out of dodge from here by semester end. I'm heading down to Concordia in Austin and starting from scratch there. I'm sort of a little fed up a bit from the bs here. I did file a counter complaint against the guy and the his pals that messed with me last yr at TCU. The stature is limited to a calender year so I can still file it to Campus Life TCU.

OP, we all know what and where TCU is.

They also have a great (ranked) football team.

Go, Horny Frog.

Some folks call it the Horny Toad.

Nonetheless, it's cool.

We also know that they have a great mascot, the Horny Frog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back