Harassment by Managers - I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiffany28

I entered work today at 4:00pm and immediately started being harassed by the Operations Supervisor Cassie. She said "you're going to check in your hunny today" "I wonder how far away he is". Then proceeded to the armored vault and had Lou come into the cash logistics side and call Carl on his Nextel to find out how far away he was. Then Lou proceeded to say "you two can make little Johnson's" (Johnson being Carl's last name). Cassie then continued with "you know you love him, you know you want him". Then Lou got on the company loud speaker with more remarks such as "Tiff your hunny just left his last stop he'll be here in an hour" then Supervisor Cathy joined in the fun by replying back on the company loud speaker "were going to need music for that" they both continued with other comments…I couldn't make them out, but I do know that about 6 comments were made one after the other over the company loud speaker for the entire building to hear. Again this was all between 4:00 and 5:00pm so everyone in the office, armored, coin and cash logistics heard these remarks. Judy, Pat, and Ron stopped what they were doing and looked up at me in horror when these comments were being made. When Carl arrived Lou asked "where's Tiffany?" I shot him a look and he said "what? You know I'm only joking". Later in the evening Lou apologized profusely and kept saying "you know I was only kidding".

I later spoke with Eric a messenger. He stated that his girlfriend whom I also work with Jessica a Head Teller and Jennifer the daytime Supervisor had spoken last evening on the phone and comments have been made that Cassie and Cathy will do whatever it takes to get rid of me, because they want there friend Leslie to become the evening Head Teller.

This is evident in the fact that with Cathy I never do anything correctly, if I speak to a teller or another staff member for more then a minute she will correct me and tell me that I better get to work, even though everyone else is talking. I am never offered assistance with any job that I perform. Diane another Head Teller will be working the front and Cathy will stay right by her side to help her. I don't even get a "do you need anything" or "can I help", what I do get is that if there is an extra bag in a bin or a mixed deposit in a cash bin they'll laugh at me – just like tonight, Leslie was over a bag she took it to Cathy they laughed and Cathy made the comment "yeah she knows what she's doing" and then Cathy brought the bag up and said "here she was over a bag" even though I had already told Leslie that she was going to be over and asked her to continue a reference number.

I can handle the no help, but tonights issue with Carl was over the top. These are supposed to be my managers the people you can go to for help. I need to know if there is any action that I can take against them and this behavior. I'm not the only one being harassed but I get it the worst.
Please respond as soon as possible - I would like to figure out where I am going with this.
Thanks

I don't think this constitutes any form of prohibited harassment; rather several managers who don't know how to behave professionally and appropriately in the workplace. Regardless, your recourse at this point is to contact human resources or the appropriate person in more senior management, inform them of the incident, and ask them to please put a stop to this idiotic behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back