Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Harassment by law firm

Status
Not open for further replies.

cksim71

My daughter and two of her friends were caught shop lifting 12/18/2004( She was 13 at the time). When caught,my daughter was in possesion of a pair of $7 ear rings that were actually taken from another store. When confronted she tried to explain that fact but was not believed by the store manager. So the ear rings were kept by the store that her other 2 friends were caught steeling in.(I didnt become aware of that fact untill after her court date and her serving 26 hrs of community service). Shortly after that I recieved a letter from a law firm representing the store demanding a payment of $250.00. I sent them one check for $25.00 after having the amout reduced. But the more I thought about it the more it seemed to me that this was nothing short of legalized extortion being that they ended up with merchandice that didnt belong to them in the first place. I did talk to a lawyer and was told (off the record) not to pay them. Since the incident, almost 3 years ago I have received phone calls on a daily basis(sometimes sat &sundays) with an occasional letter threatening a law suit if payment was not sent, all over a pair of $7 ear rings that they confiscated that didnt belong to them anyway. I have recently tried to talk to them and re-explained what Ive said above but could not get past the lady answering the phone(who was rude and threatening herself) and talk to their lawyer. What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back