Harassment by county sheriff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrritatedTexan

Is it considered harassment if a sheriff follows you (riding on rear bumper) for 7-8 miles to your driveway of house without stopping you just because of the vehicle you are driving?

Did you ask him if he did not like your vehicle? Generally speaking it is not illegal for a sheriff deputy to drive down the road as long as he has a license.

Is it considered harassment if a sheriff follows you (riding on rear bumper) for 7-8 miles to your driveway of house without stopping you just because of the vehicle you are driving?

If he did not stop you, how do you know that he was following you "just because of the vehicle" you were driving??

I get sheriffs behind me all the time. So does my teen. They often follow us all the way to our driveway. We live on a main road in our county.

What kind of car do you drive that you think the sheriff has something against it? Lots of underlighting? Booming music? Don't be shocked if you have or do these things and you get LEO behind you.

If he didn't stop you, why worry about it? How do you know he doesn't like your vehicle? What do you drive?

First of all he was goin in the opposite direction and when he seen us he pulled over in side of road (had to wait for a car to pass by) did a uturn and then hauled ass to catch up with us. Sencondly, He came up behind me so quick i moved over onto shoulder to let him pass me thinking he had a call he was rushing to. That wasnt the case. When i moved over he slowed down letting me know he didnt want by me and stayed in my ass the entire 7-8 miles to my house. The vehicle isnt mine but i have owners permission to drive it. She is in jail at the moment. Police were harassing her for months. I did nothing wrong. I wasnt speeding i wasnt swerving i even used blinkers according to the law. He thought i was the owner of vehicle and was looking for something to stop her for. He drove in front of my house and rubbernecked it seeing who i was and who all was in vehicle. I DO NOT LIVE ON A BUSY STREET. VERY QUIET NEIGHBORHOOD LITTLE TRAFFIC.

Last edited:
First of all he was goin in the opposite direction and when he seen us he pulled over in side of road (had to wait for a car to pass by) did a uturn and then hauled ass to catch up with us. Sencondly, He came up behind me so quick i moved over onto shoulder to let him pass me thinking he had a call he was rushing to. That wasnt the case. When i moved over he slowed down letting me know he didnt want by me and stayed in my ass the entire 7-8 miles to my house. The vehicle isnt mine but i have owners permission to drive it. She is in jail at the moment. Police were harassing her for months. I did nothing wrong. I wasnt speeding i wasnt swerving i even used blinkers according to the law. He thought i was the owner of vehicle and was looking for something to stop her for. He drove in front of my house and rubbernecked it seeing who i was and who all was in vehicle. I DO NOT LIVE ON A BUSY STREET. VERY QUIET NEIGHBORHOOD LITTLE TRAFFIC.

There's your problem. They know the vehicle and its history. People do not go to jail because the police are "harassing" them. LEO has too much otherwise to do than bother people just for the sake of bothering them; that leads to too much paperwork.

I'd find a different vehicle to drive.

There's your problem. They know the vehicle and its history. People do not go to jail because the police are "harassing" them. LEO has too much otherwise to do than bother people just for the sake of bothering them; that leads to too much paperwork.

I'd find a different vehicle to drive.

Mistakes have been made, others are being blamed! LMFAO

I was driving a white jeep cherokee. No loud music no unnecessary lights and this was in the middle of the day.

The deputy is free to follow people. You can guess all you want, but the sheriff's office is under no obligation to tell you anything nor is there any avenue for action.

There still wasn't anything illegal done by the sheriff - you have no "case" against anyone. Sorry. You might consider not driving that vehicle any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back