Harassment and accused of stiling without proved

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosco1

Harassment and accused of stiling without proved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I work on a Auto part and I am the store Manager on Monday 09/26/2005 my Assistance Manager was working with me in the morning and he was working with the safe money and left the safe open. Our safe contend $900.00 dollars, anywait I came back from picking my lunch and I find the safe open so I close it and when I when to the front of the store to tell my asst mrg why he left the safe open customer start asking me question and asking for parts suddenly I was realy busy and all day I was in the front counter working with customer the only speak spanish. Anywait when the asst mrg when and open the safe to take the money for the coin order he find out the was no money and then he ask me if I took the money and I said no and took him to the office and tell him to seach me I even took my clothes off and tell him the he have left the safe open and I have to close it becouse I find it open anywait I call the police and call my district manager with the situation. The next day my DM and another guy from the Home Office came in and talk to me and my Asst Mrg. After that on the day of 09/30/2005 a Loss Prevention guy from Missuri came in to the store and start asking me question and recording me with out permision I ask him if he suppost to ask me for my permision and he said NO I DONT HAVE TOO. Anywait he finish talking to me and them he start talking to two other employee when he finish they hang around for a while and then they left. After a few hours later they came back to the store and ask me to go to the office upstair on the store the Loss Prevention Guy and the other guy from the Home Office, the loss prevention guys start telling me the today was the only day I have to be Honest with him and to tell the true he start recording me againg without asking me for permission this guys was harassing me and keep askimg why if I need it money or something and I keep telling him why what, and the I dont need to take anymoney from the company the that is why I work hard to earn every thing I got. But he keeps telling me that he feels the I am not honest with him and that is accusing me with out proved and I keep telling him the same thing over and over I dont need to take anything from the store I am not and thief. Then he when outside and tell me not to moved from the office and he close the door then he came back and tell to write and statment from the day of 09/26/2005 and how my day start what I did when I wake up and what kind of tooth pastes I used what kind of underware I put and what color they were and what happet the whole rest of my day into I came home and when to sleep. I just feel like I was violator and harass and accused of something I have not do. I have winnes the I was on the front of the store helping people and try to do my manager Job. Please give me some inputs

From what I've read of similar posts on the web involving Loss Prevention interrogations, what you describe is very standard, if quite unpleasant. LP's approach seems to be to repeatedly accuse in the hopes that the guilty party will crumble and confess. (A terrible employee relations approach of course but for all I know it may indeed be effective in identifying the thief.)

I know you're going to have a hard time dealing with my next comment, which is that you shouldn't take it personally. Chances are that every employee working at the store that day was interrogated and accused in the same manner. All you can do is wait it out and see what happens.

From what I've read of similar posts on the web involving Loss Prevention interrogations, what you describe is very standard, if quite unpleasant. LP's approach seems to be to repeatedly accuse in the hopes that the guilty party will crumble and confess. (A terrible employee relations approach of course but for all I know it may indeed be effective in identifying the thief.)

I know you're going to have a hard time dealing with my next comment, which is that you shouldn't take it personally. Chances are that every employee working at the store that day was interrogated and accused in the same manner. All you can do is wait it out and see what happens.

Yes that I undestand, but I have two winnes the are telling to LP the I was on the front almost all day. And yes two other was interrogating for it but not the way I was Interrogating. And the funny part is the I being working for my District Manager for almost 14 years and for my assitance the same time and we never have a problem with money.

Okay but that doesn't change anything. Besides, someone being in the front "almost" all day doesn't mean that no opportunity existed to steal the money.

I completely understand why you're upset but your employer hasn't violated any laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back