Harassed by Animal control

Ariel32

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
My neighbor keeps calling animal control saying I don't feed my horses, when I spoke to the officer I told him he could talk to my vet and he can verify how well I take care of them. The officers reply was well you can give his number to me but I don't care what he says, we don't go by what vets say! Uh how could you not? A vet went to school for animal health not some joe blow county officer who's knowledge on horses I have no idea of. I was told by the officer that he needs to come actually put his hands on the horses and see them. I told him no that he can see they have grass, a barn and a huge pond to drink from along with a water trough with a automatic watered which all can be seen as the road is beside it. I feel at this point I'm being harrassed as this isn't the first time they've been out, they found no problem with my horses last time. What type of lawyer do I need to contact? I have no idea what type.

What type of lawyer do I need to contact?

A general practice lawyer should be able to help you.

Until you retain an attorney, you have the right to refuse entry onto your property unless the person possesses a warrant.

Be forewarned, some officials will feign exigent circumstances exist such that no warrant is needed. So, be cautious in all that you do.

Good for you for telling him to buzz off.
If your vet regularly sees your animals then there should be extensive records to protect you if anything should happen.

Back