H Visa H1B visa + Green Card + Disorderly Conduct + International travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

user221

Hi,

I am currently working on a H1B visa (the 2nd renewed H1B) and have a green card at the last stage of processing waiting for the priority date. I have to go abroad soon for a trip and I've arranged to get my visa stamp at the US consulate in my home country, so that I can reenter the US.

Will the charge have an effect on my re-entry back into the country?

Will the charge have an effect on the green card application?

The original charge was for "theft of service" misdemeanour charge from an arguement with a taxi driver. But they added resisting arrest to this and then offered me a "deal" where I would do 2 days community service and the charge would be disorderly conduct with 6 mnths conditional discharge which expires on jun 2013 (there is another court date on Feb 2013 -compliance adjournment date).

I had no idea if there was a good deal. There was a public defender with me but it seemed like at the time I had to give an answer and wanted the case over with.

Any advice would be appreciated. Looking for advice on how this will affect my visa + immigrant status and also whether or not this was a fair deal.

Thanks

We can't predict what the authorities will do to you.
If you fear repercussions, sit tight.
Or, HIRE an immigration lawyer and spend some that US loot you're getting to pay your own tab in life.
Nothing is free, not even being free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back