gun with felony?

tilnath

I have a felony (1983 - served 2 yrs) in NY state, and now live in CT and wondering if i can get a handgun to keep in house?

I have a felony (1983 - served 2 yrs) in NY state, and now live in CT and wondering if i can get a handgun to keep in house?

Federal law prohibits felons from buying, owning, possessing, carrying, using, target practice, cleaning, rubbing, caressing, or even touching any firearm for the rest of the felon's natural life!!!

A felon is still allowed to look at any firearm, think about, discuss, or view pictures of all firearms.

If it was a federal crime you will need a presidential pardon.

If it was a NY state crime you will need a NY state pardon.

Information on the process is at:

Apply for Clemency

If and when you obtain a pardon it will be as if the offense and conviction never happened and you'll have your gun rights.

There is no such thing as "a handgun to keep in the house" in Connecticut. There is only one type of permit that the state issues, and it allows the holder to carry the pistol.

There are no premise, target, or carry permits.

There is no such thing as "a handgun to keep in the house" in Connecticut. There is only one type of permit that the state issues, and it allows the holder to carry the pistol.

There are no premise, target, or carry permits.

Even if any of those permits existed in CT, a CONVICTED felon would never receive one.
Convicted felons can't lawfully buy any firearm.

Once the convicted felon's name gets submitted at the POS, alarms, buzzers, whistles, lights, and sirens will sound and flash; DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER.

I was just pointing this out to the OP in case he mistakenly thought it's okay for him to get a permit just to keep the firearm in his house.

Of course, he wouldn't get past the NICS check.

I was just pointing this out to the OP in case he mistakenly thought it's okay for him to get a permit just to keep the firearm in his house.

Of course, he wouldn't get past the NICS check.

I know my friend, and all I was trying to do was gently remind convicted felons that as far as the feds are concerned, a convicted felon can never purchase, own, possess, caress, stroke, lick, rub, or touch a firearm.

I'm unclear about such a person sniffing a firearm, and know of no court cases testing one's right to sniff a firearm with convicted felon status.

And for those who may have forgotten, those who struggle with mental health issues, or those who have committed domestic violence, the feds also prohibit them from buying, owning, possessing, or touching firearms, too.

Again, I'm unsure about sniffing a firearm.

If any of the aforementioned individuals merely EYEBALLED (dreamt or thought about) a firearm, I'm almost certain that alone would not be illegal. :D :confused:

Back