Weapons, Guns, Firearms gun theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjadan

hello,
recently i made the biggest mistake of my life....i took several of my grandfathers guns and pawned them. i know how unethical and horrible this is, and i feel terrible. this is the only thing i have ever done wrong. anyway he told me if i just gave him the receipt he would buy the guns back and we would work something out. they had to contact the police in order to have the pawn shop sell them back at the price they gave me. my grandfather is not pressing charges, but i am afraid that i can still get in trouble with the police over it anyway. my question is, can i still get in trouble if my family is not pressing charges? any advice would be great. thanks!

ninjadan said:
hello,
recently i made the biggest mistake of my life....i took several of my grandfathers guns and pawned them. i know how unethical and horrible this is, and i feel terrible. this is the only thing i have ever done wrong. anyway he told me if i just gave him the receipt he would buy the guns back and we would work something out. they had to contact the police in order to have the pawn shop sell them back at the price they gave me. my grandfather is not pressing charges, but i am afraid that i can still get in trouble with the police over it anyway. my question is, can i still get in trouble if my family is not pressing charges? any advice would be great. thanks!

You've started to make amends with your family, keep trying to make it right with them. I suspect the cops won't press the issue, if you keep your grandfather happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats great to hear, thank you. i am still worried tho...what if i get a particular nasty cop? is he still able to press charges against me even if my family is not? and if so, how bad might this be? in my little world inside my head, i see myself being convicted of a felony and never being able to get a decent job again or something like that. i worry about things too much i know, but i just really hope this isnt the issue.

thanks a bunch for your help

ninjadan said:
thats great to hear, thank you. i am still worried tho...what if i get a particular nasty cop? is he still able to press charges against me even if my family is not? and if so, how bad might this be? in my little world inside my head, i see myself being convicted of a felony and never being able to get a decent job again or something like that. i worry about things too much i know, but i just really hope this isnt the issue.

thanks a bunch for your help

You're welcome.
No need to worry now.
What happens, happens.
Worry before you do anything like this again, and just don't do it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will do. trust me, im never doing anything this terrible/ unethical again. you've put my mind at ease. thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back