Guest vs Tenants

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilangel6600

We have some family living with us that was only suppose to be here for a month. Now that it has been two months we went to throw them out and they say they have tenant rights. When do guest legally become tenants? We live in texas so i have no idea. I cant find anything online about it. Can anyone help me?

Well they didnt pay all of their rent and they didnt do anything til this month. They dont pay for anything else. I mean nothing else food utilities nothing. THis is in texas. Also they dont have a written agreement nor have they followed the rules.

so is there anything we can do? I mean we dont know how to do the eviction process but if we dont do something then they will never leave. Also the rent money was told to them was their grocery money not actually rent. does that count?

Last edited:
First who owns the dwelling? If you are paying rent yourself then ask your Landlord if he/she will evict them. If you are homeowner the give them a notice to vacate within 30 days. I am unfamilar with your states Landlord/Tenant statutes so you might contact an Attorney who works in said field. However I am certain you must first give them this notice to vacate. Fact you accepted rent (monies to stay there) from them makes them Tenants and their removal must go along your states laws

Damage and privacy rules

I recently made a post but forgot to add this to it. With the roommates we informed them they are not allowed to lock their bedroom door because we have carpet company coming out here lately due to their dogs damaging my brand new carpet. They said we are violating their privacy by not allowing them to lock it. I had to break into their room on several occasions. Are we volilating their privacy? Also can we do anything about the damage done to our carpet by their animals? and the last thing, if they leave their dogs unattended in our house after being told from day one that wasnt allowed can we put their dogs outside ourselves?

Okay so i have something else to go with this question. How do we do the eviction they told us that in texas they could legally take this house from us by simply changing the locks. Is this true? What do i do to get rid of these people?

I think you need to find new roommates.

You need to google the landlord tenant act in your state to see how to evict them. You might as well put them on notice to leave. They can be evicted. There is no way they can take over your house. Also if they refuse to leave, try calling the police to see if they can be cited for trespassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back