Guardianship of my grandchild

Status
Not open for further replies.

EP2552

My daughter who is 21 has a 2 y/o son who started his life on the child protection register due to his mothers unstable mental health and his fathers criminal record. Over the past two years Social workers have failed to recognise my complaints of his upbringing, when I mentioned that he would go a week without a bath they said it's bad for their skin to was the oils out every day anyway. The last few weeks have been the worst, as the boy is now talking we notice more, he will hit us and say 'bad, get to your bed' a learned behaviour. At every given chance his parents give him to me and my other daughter to look after because the can't cope. He wears the same clothes over 3 or 4 days and the same socks for a week if I don't have him. They feed him junk and send him to his cot if he doesn't play quietly. I want to know the easiest way to bring him up myself? He needs a set routine, healthy nutrition and care and love. My daughter possibly will agree to me having guardianship but the father will not. He has had children in previous relationships taken away from him and I doubt he will let us take the boy. Also should it be necessary the fathers criminal conviction was he went to jail for assault on a minor and a fire arms offence against a police officer.

You will not get guardianship unless Mom & Dad both agree or you can prove that they are both unfit to raise the child. You would need to talk to a lawyer.

It's always best that you give the name of your state no matter what the question is.

My daughter who is 21 has a 2 y/o son who started his life on the child protection register due to his mothers unstable mental health and his fathers criminal record. Also should it be necessary the fathers criminal conviction was he went to jail for assault on a minor and a fire arms offence against a police officer.

Breaking news, even convicted felons are allowed to retain their paternal and maternal rights, as long a sthe crimes don't involve the kids.

I suggest you report things you have seen that cause hurt, harm, or danger to the child.

Call "911" anytime you see anyone being harmed.

Otherwise, innuendo, rumor, supposition, suspicion will just be ignored.

The law enforcement authorities and CPS need facts, proof, and eyewitness accounts.

My daughter who is 21 has a 2 y/o son who started his life on the child protection register due to his mothers unstable mental health and his fathers criminal record. Over the past two years Social workers have failed to recognise my complaints of his upbringing, when I mentioned that he would go a week without a bath they said it's bad for their skin to was the oils out every day anyway. The last few weeks have been the worst, as the boy is now talking we notice more, he will hit us and say 'bad, get to your bed' a learned behaviour. At every given chance his parents give him to me and my other daughter to look after because the can't cope. He wears the same clothes over 3 or 4 days and the same socks for a week if I don't have him. They feed him junk and send him to his cot if he doesn't play quietly. I want to know the easiest way to bring him up myself? He needs a set routine, healthy nutrition and care and love. My daughter possibly will agree to me having guardianship but the father will not. He has had children in previous relationships taken away from him and I doubt he will let us take the boy. Also should it be necessary the fathers criminal conviction was he went to jail for assault on a minor and a fire arms offence against a police officer.

Since it appears you're not actually in the US, we can't really guide you.

Per IP address seems OP located UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back