Criminal Law Green Card with Assault record from another country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleddy1229

I am sponsoring my husband for his green card and am worried that the process may be held up or denied because of his criminal background. He was charged with assault and served five weeks in prison in Ireland a number of years ago. Will this come up when he is finger printed. They request certificates of disposition for any cases that he had, but he doesn't have any such documentation. Can he just take the chance and not include any of this in his application or should we try to track down some information on the case and present it? How much could this hinder his application?

If he served a mere five weeks, it wasn't in a prison. It would have been a jail.

But, he should fully disclose his criminal history. He's coming from a first world nation and their recordkeeping is far superior to a third world nation. If he conceals something and it us revealed, his immigration status will be negatively affected. And, if you're sponsoring him, it'll blow back on you, too!

In the overall scope of things, a simple assault can be excused. But, deceit and lying will destroy his credibility and position. Be truthful in all things, or there will be regret and recrimination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back