Criminal Law Green Card Holder Charges With DOMESTIC VIOLENCE,FELONIOUS ASSAULT,KIDNAPPING

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameer

hello everybody in this forum and i need yours help comments and advice

im green card holder since 2008 and i was charged in 2009 December in Ohio
in my case me and my brother is fighiting each other i beat him with a wood stick and my father came home and he slap me and my litlle brother and he run away from home and he went to the coffe shop and some one call the 911 and the EMS arrived at coffe shop and put him in the EMS van and bring him a hospital he is a injuries and police went to him and ask him why i beat hime really bad then he told to police dat i was talking to my girlfriend thats why.then police come to our house they arrest me and as well as my father too. with a wooden stick

then they ask from my little brother dat you want to put any charges on your brother and father and my brother did not charge anything to us but the State put these charges on me and on my father too
KIDNAPPING 2905.01.A(3)
FELONIOUS ASSAULT 2903.11.A(1)
FELONIOUS ASSAULT 2903.11.A(2)
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE 2919.25.A

i have a criminal attonerny he is gud in this field

now my question i have any way to keep my green card or they deport to my country .... which is the gud way i should chose that and i want to keep the greencard. or any idea wht gonna happend and i have no cirminal record before that in usa and as wel as in my back country

please help me in this situiations
im waiting for all of urs help,answare,advise

Thanks
Kind Regards

By now, I'm sure that ICE knows of your plight.

A felony conviction (especially for an act of family violence) will more than likely result in your deportation after serving any prison sentence or probation.

Should you be allowed to plea or get convicted of a misdemeanor, more than likely you'll be allowed to keep your 'Green Card'.

However, if you're deported, they'll take that 'Green Card'.

Your country of origin will also determine how ICE proceeds.

Some nationalities get a little more 'special' attention than others.

But, these days, who knows what gets those folks excited?

You might also consider what your native country will do when they get notified.

Some countries will punish their ex-pats for being deported.

I recently secured a misdemeanor conviction for a Bahamian (on a one year tourist visa) facing felony charges similar to yours.

He served a 21 day jail sentence, and was released without further incident.

He retained his visa, and is on the way back to The Bahamas, none the worse for wear; sans a felony conviction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back