grandma wont leave me alone?

jimmyjohn

im 18 and was a foster child, me and my real grandma had a falling out a good six months or so ago, and we have not spoken to each other since. until today while at my work (a fast food restaurant) i was given the phone by my manager i told someone wanted to speak to me. it was her and i have no idea how she got my work number without knowing where i worked, (she lives in another state) so i explained i was at work and cant talk, she told me i was going to talk to her that moment so i just hanged up, she continued to call and my manger would bring it back. this happened about three times before i asked the manger if we can just not answer to her anymore. she continued to call and this brought back memories from my past and i was shaken up by all this, so i asked to go home and was allowed this. only to find out once i got home that she had called my sister and foster parents claiming i had said all the things about them that were untrue, also that i was talking to my biological mother who tried to contact me that morning but i did not answer. she said she was going to keep calling and hoped i lost my job also that i was a manipulative little shit and so on. then to find out she posted on my facebook that i was in contact with my biological mother and that showed what kind of person i am, so i had to delete this from my timeline once i saw it. (sorry for the long story) is there anything i can do to stop this? im worried she will call my work and tell them untrue things about me that may get me in trouble or at the very least cause me a lot of discomfort around my coworkers.

Ignore her.
Tell your manager that you come to work to earn money, not talk on the telephone.

Ask the manager to tell anyone that calls for you that you're working and can't take personal calls at work.

If she keeps pestering you, find another job and keep it to yourself.

Block her on FakeBook.

Bottom line, ignore quarrelsome people.

Agreed.
The Facebook problem is easily solved. Only people you allow access can leave comments for others to see.
Talk with the manager at work and try to keep this from looking bad on you. Tell the manager that anyone who needs to contact you has your personal number and you have not given the work number to anyone and don't want to receive calls there.
Anyone who answers the phone can simply say you are not there. Hopefully this won't continue long. Some states have laws regarding repeated calls like that so law enforcement contact might eventually be necessary, but first I'd try to wait it out.
Avoid all contact and resist the urge to respond, even to tell her to stop. Any contact at all could motivate her to continue.

im 18 and was a foster child, me and my real grandma had a falling out a good six months or so ago, and we have not spoken to each other since. until today while at my work (a fast food restaurant) i was given the phone by my manager i told someone wanted to speak to me. it was her and i have no idea how she got my work number without knowing where i worked, (she lives in another state) so i explained i was at work and cant talk, she told me i was going to talk to her that moment so i just hanged up, she continued to call and my manger would bring it back. this happened about three times before i asked the manger if we can just not answer to her anymore. she continued to call and this brought back memories from my past and i was shaken up by all this, so i asked to go home and was allowed this. only to find out once i got home that she had called my sister and foster parents claiming i had said all the things about them that were untrue, also that i was talking to my biological mother who tried to contact me that morning but i did not answer. she said she was going to keep calling and hoped i lost my job also that i was a manipulative little shit and so on. then to find out she posted on my facebook that i was in contact with my biological mother and that showed what kind of person i am, so i had to delete this from my timeline once i saw it. (sorry for the long story) is there anything i can do to stop this? im worried she will call my work and tell them untrue things about me that may get me in trouble or at the very least cause me a lot of discomfort around my coworkers.

Block her on your social media accounts. Too easy. Tell your manager you won't accept personal calls at work unless it's an emergency. Don't tell anyone else that. Just tell him that if it's not an emergency you don't want to talk to anyone.

I highly doubt your boss would fire you when anonymous people they don't know call and say bad things about you. Tell your boss the situation so they know what's going on.

Do that and I'm sure your problem with grandma reduces quite a bit.

Back