Personal Bankruptcy Grad student filing ch 7., tuition being paid by parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpamHate321

I am a 30 year-old who's planning to file Ch. 7. I am also planning to go to grad school this fall, paid for by money my parents are loaning me. Yes, they are saints. The tuition will be far higher than the bankruptcy exemption limits.

My question is: will creditors/trustee be able to seize the tuition (that my parents are loaning me) from my school? 1.) The tuition money will go directly from my parents to the school. 2.) The money is not mine - it's a loan from my parents.

Thanks to everyone who replies.

I am a 30 year-old who's planning to file Ch. 7. I am also planning to go to grad school this fall, paid for by money my parents are loaning me. Yes, they are saints. The tuition will be far higher than the bankruptcy exemption limits.

My question is: will creditors/trustee be able to seize the tuition (that my parents are loaning me) from my school? 1.) The tuition money will go directly from my parents to the school. 2.) The money is not mine - it's a loan from my parents.

Thanks to everyone who replies.

Probably not, but why mention what you and your parents are planning to do in the future?

Heck, why even call it a loan?

If you want to pay them back, pay them back.

But, calling it a loan, could complicate your bankruptcy.

People are free to give GIFTS to anyone they desire.

Those who receive GIFTS are free to return GIFTS back to those who gave them GIFTS.

I will never understand what compels people to blab about every detail of their PRIVATE lives to government bureaucrats and clods?

Our founders threw the "royal whackos" out 234 years ago.

Yet, we treat our politicians and bureaucrats with more reverenece and fear than the Brits do their Queen!

(Pardon my rant.)

No, just don't say anything about what could happen in the future.

Plans are not a "fait accompli".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back