Government Employee Will a Foreclosure effect my Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBill302

I work for the Federal Government and I am in Law Enforcment, I am thinking my best bet to get out of my house is to let it go into forclosure.....unfortunately. I have heard that this could/will effect my job and I am wondering how this might effect my job or if this is legal for the government to disipline me for being foreclosed on along the lines of security clearance/credit history etc... Thank You much in advance.

Come on already, read your employee handbook. Law enforcement personnel live by special rules. You know that.

Yes, Uncle Obama will probably sanction you in some form. Speak with your union. Most federal employees have one. They might have some inside tips for you.

Maybe they won't discover the foreclosure?

Have you considered a bankruptcy?
That affords you some protections.
You can even reorganize financially and stay in your home.
Talking to a BK lawyer might be a valuable exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I have been told in the past bankruptcy would be much worse and would for sure land me in trouble with the job....I'm wondering how I would be sanctioned if they did find out about the foreclosure, I know they do yearly checks on us which I'm pretty sure include a credit check etc...the problem is I can't afford the house myself, I get help from my girlfriend but she wants to move out....the house isn't selling and it seems my only other option is foreclosure because I was just recently told to not even let it go past 31 days past due or it could effect my job....I just don't know how badly it would effect it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back