Got tickets for a hit and run but was never involved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagr024

I got 7, yes 7 tickets for an alleged hit and run that I have absolutely no clue what it is about. I was on the road the date, around the time, and around the mile marker of the alleged accident but I was never involved, nor have any knowledge of the (or any) accident.

Upon learning of the tickets I immediately took my vehicle to the police station that was responsible for issuing the tickets and had a police report filed that there was absolutely no damage to my vehicle. I had to hire a lawyer, take time off work and stress about this for a month now(and counting). I just went to court for my not guilty plea Tuesday.

When all these allegations are dropped can I sue this driver for my lawyer fees, loss of income, for time off work, or anything else? I believe this to be some kind of scam although I can not put my finger on exactly how it works. All I know is the cop issued 7 tickets on behalf of the driver of the vehicle that alleges I hit them.

I have no points on my license and also I hold a CDL which I would lose my job if I lose my license.

Also how do I get this drivers name and address so I can sue him?

I don't really even care about the money I just don't want this guy getting away with this and doing it to other people!

The 7 tickets were for: (not proper names)

1. leaving the scene
2. unsafe driving
3. reckless driving
4. improper lane change
5. causing a traffic jam ( this one has me lol ing)
6. leaving the scene with causing property damage
7. I forget the 7th

Anyone can sue anyone they choose.
So, yes, by all means,bring a lawsuit if you wish.
That said, don't expect much.
The person may ave made an honest mistake.
The person may not have told what the police told you.
Ths is a classic person A said about person B.

As is true in most things, first things first.

If person A is lying, expect a slew of liars to appear all screaming, with their bifurcated tongues, "J'accuse" ( I ACCUSE), crooked fingers pointing at you.

You might also run your civil lawsuit idea by your current attorney.
You did the smart thing, and you're still doing it.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back