got same prescription from 2 different dr,s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

i was prescribed xanax by my psychiatrist and by my pain management dr. and had them accidentally filled on medicare, i wold like to know what to do?

Return them to the pharmacy explaining that there was a mix-up and you don't actually need the extra bottle at the moment. Call whichever doctor and explain the same thing.

I presume you've been called to account for this perplexing "accident"?
These transactions are being overseen by computer technology.
Be prepared, they prosecute people for these mistakes.
I'd contact both physicians, and try to fix it.
I'd also do as Pro says, and return the UNUSED pills to the pharmacy.

Really? I would assume you have a pain contract signed with your pain doctor. Which clearly states you can not do what you did. It's people like you that make it hard for the folks (like myself) to get pain meds. It's clear already to me you either have a addicition problem or your selling your drugs.

Here what could happen.... Your pain management doctor will drop you. You will be flagged in the system as someone that can't be trusted. You could have a hard time getting anyone to fill your drugs. You could be charged...

Either way I hope they do all the above to you...

Ahem.

Being a chronic pain patient myself AND having worked in the industry, I assure you that this can happen quite innocently. And really - Walmart doesn't have access to CVS's records or vice versa. There is no one central database of patients on controlled substances which can be accessed by every single pharmacy/company.

The OP can be flagged locally, for sure. But outside of that? Yeah, not so much.

(Though I do understand and agree with your point, DV - that being, people who do run scams like this make it very hard for us genuine patients to receive the treatment we actually do need)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back