Got Hit by a Postal Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

midookie

My jurisdiction is: California

Hi, I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this...I apologize if I am wrong.

Yesterday, as I was waiting for the cars to pass before crossing the street, I got struck by a mail truck (USPS truck) from the side and I flew at least 6-7 ft and landed on the concrete on my knees and legs.

The mail lady who hit me didn't even notice that she hit something or someone she kept backing up until she realized people were honking at her to get her attention. I was hurt but also I was in a hurry so after yelling at her out of anger since she didn't even apologize, I left the place of incident. Of course, I wrote down her truck number, but I wasn't seriously hurt at that time (just scratches on my legs) so I didn't call the police or report her to USPS.

One whole day has gone by and now I'm in pain. My legs started bruising and hurt to sit or bend my knees. So now, I am thinking about reporting and possibly suing.

Is this a good idea? Is it too late? What should I do now? Please give me some advices.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back