Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft got caught taking money from my job.

Sweet_Shannon

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I got caught stealing money from my job. My big boss expained to me what i did and had my write it down. He wanted me to explain how much i took . i took almost $3000 over a 6 month period of me working there So they had the police come. They didnt take me. They wrote me a citation to go to court. I dont know what there going to do. Ive never been in trouble in my life. Im scared and i got 2 beautiful lil girls and i dont know if i will go to jail or not. But as i was walking outside the cop said they might give me a misdemeanor. I need to know what im looking forward to in court. I never done anything like this and it was bad..

From this point forward DON'T discuss anything about these allegations with anyone but your lawyer.

Appear in court, plead not guilty, ask the court to appoint a public defender to represent, stay out of any more trouble, don't talk about this.

Watch this video:

WAIT PATIENTLY, SILENTLY

You probably were terminated or "most likely" will be from your job. If so, you will need to look for other employment. You can apply for unemployment ins. though it is doubtful you will receive it - state's decision.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. Make no further admissions and do not sign any documents that state you did this. Your looking at possible felony charges. If questioned ask for Attorney

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. Make no further admissions and do not sign any documents that state you did this. Your looking at possible felony charges. If questioned ask for Attorney

My boss said i can help u.. If u tell the truth and write what u did down. I can help u not go to jail as of right now. So i think i shouldnt have did that. Now they have proof and i can most likely go to jail now.. Cops were being rude asking if i do drugs cuz apperantly there is a drug dealer close by me. I siad i dont do drugs and he goes are u sure. Are u sure u dont know this guy. I said No.. Can they do that shit..

Unless your Boss (in writing) trades a confession and/or repayment in place of filing a criminal complaint (maybe not even then) he cannot keep you out of jail! Since Police are already involved your employer has nothing to do with this any longer

Unless your Boss (in writing) trades a confession and/or repayment in place of filing a criminal complaint (maybe not even then) he cannot keep you out of jail! Since Police are already involved your employer has nothing to do with this any longer

So what do u think i should do.. Get a public defender and pled not guilty. Until further notice. I never been in trouble before. And if they were going to take mt to jail they would have right. I think ill might get probation and have to pay the money back. I really dont know abt these kinds of things

Back