Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft got caught for the first time, now im terribly afraid redo

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadanna

Im 18,
i got caught at Store name.
it was my first offense.
they said that i was going to get sent to jail that night so that even made me more scared.
im honestly a good girl and not the type to do something like that
they got down my information, my info on my id, but i didnt give them my social security number, just cuz i didnt remember it.
but they just sent me home right after

there was no police involved, and i stole 55 dollars worth of merchandise.

1). my first questions is, what will the mail say on it? is it from the police department like that people said it would be or is it from that "civil thing?"

2). i stole 55 dollars worth of stuff but the people said that i would only be charged 80 dollars. is that true?? because other people who have stolen just 10 dollars were charged of nearly or a little over 200 dollars.. =(
so am i going to pay 80 bucks like they said or did they lie to me? that im going to have to pay a lot more then what they sed.

3). i had to sign like 2 papers, but they sed they would let me off without a warrant. wat exactly does that mean?

4). im also very nervous about appearing in court. how does it work? and what questions do they answer? how should i respond back?

5).i don't know if they marked it as a misdermeanor or not, but if it is.
will my misdermeanor be on my record forever, is there a way i can get rid of it, n e way at all??

6).also how long do you think it will take for the mail to come to the house? i really dont want my parents to know i dont want to upset them and be totally dissapointed in me.

i just wished ive never done this, please someone help me out.

1). my first questions is, what will the mail say on it? is it from the police department like that people said it would be or is it from that "civil thing?"
Both. You will get a letter from court with your court date. Yo uwill also get a letter from a Law Firm of Civil recovery service about Civil Demand. These are seperate issues

2). i stole 55 dollars worth of stuff but the people said that i would only be charged 80 dollars. is that true?? because other people who have stolen just 10 dollars were charged of nearly or a little over 200 dollars.. =(
so am i going to pay 80 bucks like they said or did they lie to me? that im going to have to pay a lot more then what they sed.
"The people" I assume are Store security staff? They are not experts and hav e no real knowledge of what your Civil fine will be. I suspect got a $55.00 theft it will be much higher than $80.00. Far as your criminal fine they might know that

3). i had to sign like 2 papers, but they sed they would let me off without a warrant. wat exactly does that mean?
Ok now I am confused did they or did they not file criminal charges

4). im also very nervous about appearing in court. how does it work? and what questions do they answer? how should i respond back?
You should start calling Lawyers many offer free consultations Ask them about Diversion

5).i don't know if they marked it as a misdermeanor or not, but if it is.
will my misdermeanor be on my record forever, is there a way i can get rid of it, n e way at all??
Records dont go away its forever

6).also how long do you think it will take for the mail to come to the house? i really dont want my parents to know i dont want to upset them and be totally dissapointed in me.
Either court or civil demand letter(s) can come in days, weeks even, months

Im sorry, i don't mean to confuse you, but now i am more confused then before.
the security staff said that i was lucky and they were gonna let me off without a warrant.
so i need to know what exactly do they mean by that... i have no idea..

if i pay the fiine and do comunity service, will it be clear from my records? like completely erased??

but they said that i still have to pay a fine,
and go to court,
and that it will be on my records...
does that sound like a warning??

No it does not. Have you got a citation or letter in mail with court date? The Civil fine (unrelated to court fines) "will" come in mail

no i haven't, not yet.

that's why i asked how long it will get here...

but im still confused bout the warrant thing.

and the staff sed that its between 50 bucks to 500 and they just sed around 80 dollars.

so theres two different fines i have to pay?

oh okay then,
another question.
how can i get it cleared?? n e way possible from my records?
i heard the term expunged, but im not sure how it really works and who it qualifies for.

ok so what is your advice on what i should do?
i want to just get this over with and done.

my goal is to pay the fine(s) that the civil and criminal will give me.

can you tell me the steps to get ready for court and anything else i should know?

Your civil fine will come in mail pay it promptly. Once you do that portion is over. Now for court

. Start calling Lawyers (doesnt matter if your not hiring them) get free consultations. (Dont mention your not hiring them). Tell them about your case and see what advice they offer for plea deals. Ask about Diversion. Now you will have some knowledge

. At court plead "not guilty" and ask for Publuc defender. When you meet with Public defender you two will discuss you roptions. Here is when you can use the knowledge gained when you talked to those Lawyers. After that all that remains to to return to court and follow your Public defenders advice. Be sure to ask Public defender about Diversion

No its just part of the process. If one pleads guilty at arraingment Judge will then proceed to sentence you . No plea deals no nothing just whatever Judge wants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back